Checks on departureCheck-in desks
We recommend getting to the airport well in advance and in any case within the times indicated by your airline.
If you have not already checked in online, we recommend that you go immediately to the check-in area (on the ground floor, to the left of the main entrance) and carry out the scheduled check-in operations at the check-in desk of your airline or flight, handing in your flight booking confirmation and an identity document and obtaining your boarding pass, which allows you to board the aircraft.
If you need to deliver your hold baggage, we recommend that you go immediately to the check-in area (on the ground floor, to the left of the main entrance) and check in your baggage at the check-in desk of your airline or flight, on presentation of your flight's boarding pass and identity document. For some airlines self-drop desks are available.VISA Check
Extra EU passengers who have printed out their boarding pass online must go to the check-in desk to have their identity documents checked.
To find out which check-in desk is available for your airline or flight, simply refer to the information monitors at the airport.
Once you have checked in, you must go up to the first floor of the Terminal to carry out security checks and enter the boarding area.
If you have checked in online and you already have your boarding pass (and do not need to board your hold baggage), go directly to the security checkpoints on the first floor.
During the checks the following will undergo X-ray controls:
- Passengers, through Metal detector (if necessary, we proceed to the manual inspection and / or inspection of footwear);
- Hand luggage (if necessary we proceed to manual inspection of luggage);
- All possible items to be boarded.
Warning: to enter the boarding area you need to go through the turnstiles of the queuing area with your boarding pass.
- Put your jacket, coat and overcoat on the special tray, separately from other objects.
- Put all objects in your pockets on the tray for x-ray control.
- Make sure you put all liquids in a transparent bag before the checks.
- Check the envelope (cm.20x18) of the liquids (Max 100ml bottles) separately from the baggage.
- Remove your laptop and other electronic devices from your hand baggage for a separate screening.
- Pass the hand baggage through the x-ray control without putting it in the tray.
- Go through the metal detector.
- Recover all personal effects.
All passengers departing from countries outside the European Union, or countries within the European Union but not adhering to the regulations provided for by the Schengen Treaty, will undergo a personal ID check (passport or identity card), referring to the relevant data bank
Warning: Such checks, which were previously carried out only by sample for EU or equivalent passengers, may result in longer waiting times. We suggest all passengers departing to non-Schengen destinations arrive at the airport in due advance and promptly proceed to the boarding area to carry out all necessary checks.
In order to speed up the operations, new automatic ABC Gates have been set up, able to scan the new biometric passports. We hence recommend all passengers holding a passport and all passengers above 14 years of age to report to the passport checks with a passport – even if not required by their destination – and use the dedicated ABC Gate.