Go to the main content
Do you need help?

Go to your MyBLQ area

Did you forget your password?
Don’t you have a MyBLQ profile? Create it now
Special assistance Special assistance
Special assistance

Go to your MyBLQ area

Did you forget your password?
Don’t you have a MyBLQ profile? Create it now
Notification center

Get ready for your trip

Identity documents

Identity documents

National Destinations and Schengen Area

The identity card valid for expatriation allows entry into European Union countries. For some countries outside the European Union and only for trips organised by Tour Operators, it is possible to use the Identity Card. For more details, please refer to the relevant country file on the Viaggiare Sicuri website.

Driving licence: The driving licence is not valid as a travel document to exit Italy, while abroad it is not valid as an identity document.

Extra Schengen Area Destinations

Passports allow access to all countries in the world whose governments are recognised by the Italian Government, some without and others with entry visa. Passports are valid for ten years.

To enter the United States of America:

If you are travelling for tourism and/or business with a round-trip ticket and a stay of no more than 90 days, you can travel to the United States of America without a visa, using the Visa Waiver Program (travel without visa program). To use the Visa Waiver Program, you must obtain the ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) by completing the application and paying online on the website www.usa.gov before departure.

For a detailed check on the necessary documents, we suggest you consult the Viaggiare Sicuri website curated by the Crisis Unit of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Further information is available on the ENAC website.

Vaccinations: Some countries require or recommend vaccinations and special preventive measures to protect the health of their guests.

For the latest information on destinations and on what is required to travel, you can visit Viaggiare Sicuri website.

Documents for expatriation of minors

Documents for expatriation of minors

Unaccompanied minors:

Please note that before purchasing the airline ticket, it is necessary to check whether unaccompanied children under 14 years of age are admitted for travel. For detailed information on valid identity documents for travel, visit the website of the State Police and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs "Travel Safe".

Advice for families and minors

Minors travelling with adults:

Whoever should apply for a children's passport must make an individual one: all Italian minors must have an individual travel document to travel within Europe and abroad, that is, a passport or, if the transfer countries recognise its validity, an identity card valid for expatriation or another equivalent travel document.

Therefore, the registration in the passport of the parent will be no longer enough. Said passport, as travel document, remains valid for the parent holder only, until its natural expiration.

Find out how to prepare for the trip

Always bring BLQ with you