The monorail train connecting the airport to Bologna central train station, Italian hub of the high-speed trains network and direct access to the centre of the city.
The 'Marconi Express' trains were planned to guarantee passengers' comfort, avoiding steps or other barriers. The stations offer free wi-fi connection.
- QUICK: 7-minute rides between airport and city centre.
- FREQUENT: a train every 7 minutes at peak times.
- CONVENIENT: the route is entirely sheltered.
- SUSTAINABLE: electrically powered with a 30% of energy stemming from renewable sources.
Operative from 05.40 until 24.00, 365 days a year.
Marconi Express – Airport Terminal stationThe station can be reached from the First Floor in the Terminal Building:
- Passengers departing from Bologna will simply need to walk through the connecting walkway with the Terminal, and in a few minutes they will reach the Departures area on the first floor of the Terminal;
- Passengers arriving at Bologna airport will simply have to follow the directions to Marconi Express, which will take them to the First Floor of the Terminal, and from there to the walkway connecting with the train station.
Marconi Express – Bologna Train station
The access to the Marconi Express station is in the train station hall on the side of the Carracci street entry.
Timetables and ticketing informationThe tickets are available for purchase:
- on the "Marconi Express" web site
- on the Roger app
- at the automatic vending machines at the departure stations and in various other ticketing offices at the airport, train station and in the city centre.
For an even smoother journey, it will be possible to access the train with a contactless credit card or or an NFC smartphone. Discounts for families and groups are available.