May 3, 2022
Quality, Environment, Energy and OH Policy for sustainable development
G. Marconi Airport of Bologna S.p.A. manages its activities and development plans ensuring compliance with the principles of service Quality and Sustainable growth, thus satisfying the demand for mobility, taking care of the Environment, People and Prosperity By adhering to the sustainability line proposed by ACI Europe for the commitment to "Net Zero Carbon Emissions from Airport Operations" by 2050, the Company confirms the fight against climate change by limiting energy consumption, the use of renewable sources and the absorption and offsetting of its own greenhouse gas emissions. The implementation of these objectives is the responsibility of the entire organization.
Top Management is aware that the leadership, commitment and involvement of the top management are essential for the development and improvement of the Integrated Management System and establishes strategic policies and objectives of quality, environment, energy, health and safety in the workplace, consistent with the corporate mission. For these purposes, Top Management ensures the maintenance and improvement of an integrated Quality, Environment, Energy, Occupational Health and Fire Management System, based on compliance with the following principles.
- Meet the local mobility needs by working from a development perspective;
- Pursue the satisfaction of the needs of the customer and of all interested parties;
- Promote and implement sustainable and alternative mobility initiatives aimed at passengers and the community of airport workers;
- Improve internal efficiency and implement the organization's strategy through an appropriate structuring of activities by processes, highlighting and keeping the tasks and responsibilities under control both in internal relations and in the interface with customers;
- Establish and maintain processes of innovation, sustainability and continuous improvement, to be able to respond quickly and effectively to the changing market context;
- Evaluate, prevent and minimize the environmental impact and risks to the health and safety of workers, in particular accidents, occupational diseases and fire prevention;
- Operate ensuring compliance with legislation, regulations and other applicable requirements concerning the environment, health and safety at work and fire prevention as well as use, consumption and energy efficiency, including those voluntarily adopted, and verify compliance behaviors to legislative updates;
- Pay particular attention to control, monitoring, measurement and analysis activities, promoting a reporting system in order to constantly optimize performance and promptly intervene on critical factors;
- Promote a fire prevention and emergency response system that allows rapid and effective interventions, based on the professionalism of the company figures in charge and on coordination with the other Companies / Companies operating at the airport, as well as with the airport and territorial bodies institutionally in charge;
- Carry out coordination and supervision activities aimed at encouraging correct behavior on the part of sub concessionaires, suppliers and companies working on behalf of the organization in line with the AdB policy;
- Ensure the availability of information and all the resources necessary to achieve the objectives and goals;
- Making the necessary resources available to define and review the continuous improvement objectives;
- Contribute to the fight against climate change by continuously improving energy efficiency and using alternative and renewable sources. Ensure that in the development or renewal of infrastructures / plants, as well as when purchasing products or services relevant from an energy point of view, requirements are adopted to guarantee the improvement of energy performance;
- Make our policy available to interested parties, encouraging its dissemination and implementation through dissemination, information and training activities;
- Commit to involve Stakeholders;
These principles are the basis of our Policy as a reference point for establishing and periodically reviewing objectives and targets, summarized within specific programs.
The task of all employees is to provide maximum collaboration for the maintenance and improvement of high standards of service quality, protection of the environment, energy and water resources, health and safety at work and fire prevention, therefore, they are entrusted with a constant commitment aimed at preventing and promptly correcting any deviation from corporate, national and international norms and standards.