Security checks at Check-in
The following are checked during check-in:
- passenger ID;
- hold baggage:check on weight, labelling, x-ray (in the baggage handling area).
Certain dangerous items cannot be carried in hold baggage. It is important that you make sure that you are carrying none of these to avoid boarding delays.
Checks upon entering the boarding area
To simplify and speed up these checks, passengers must have their ID and boarding pass ready.
At the security checks, the following items are x-rayed:
- The passenger itself, using metal detectors: if needed, also the shoes are checked;
- The hand baggage: if needed, a hand search is performed;
- All the other items carried by passengers:
- cigarette lighters
- rings, bracelets, necklaces, earrings
- credit cards
- mobile phones
- coin purses, wallets, business card holders
- coats and jackets
For security reasons, it is not permitted to carry in your hand luggage any item that can act as weapon: knives, scissors, nail files.