- What are the rules regarding transportation of animals on planes?
- Is there an extra cost to pay for transporting animals?
- Are there limitations on the transportation of animals in the cabin?
- What is the maximum size for animal transport containers and where can I obtain them?
- Is it possible to place more than one animal in the same container?
- I travel with my pet: what regulations are currently in force?
- What do I do if I travel with a guide dog?
What are the rules regarding transportation of animals on planes?
Animals must travel in a ventilated container which has a waterproof bottom and is big enough so that the animal can stand up and turn around. It is equally important that you carry all the necessary documentation (vaccinations, passport, any licenses) with you.
It is important that you inform your airline of the need to transport animals at the time of booking so that you are aware of their specific rules regarding this requirement.
Is there an extra cost to pay for transporting animals?Yes, animals are considered part of your baggage and an extra charge is made based on its weight and your destination, which must be paid at the airport ticket office. You can ask to be informed of the amount to be paid at the time of booking your flight.
Are there limitations on the transportation of animals in the cabin?Animals are usually permitted in the cabin if their total weight, including cage, does not exceed 10 kg, otherwise they will have to travel in the hold in a special cage. In any case, we advise that you contact your airline for information on these rules.
What is the maximum size for animal transport containers and where can I obtain them?You can buy various sizes of animal containers at the airport ticket office:
- For cabin transport: the ATLAS 10 model, measuring 26x30x48 (outer part) and 27x28x40 (inner part)
- For hold transport: the ATLAS 40 model, measuring 48x46x68 (outer part) and 42x43x58 (inner part) and the ATLAS 50 model, measuring 70x76x102 (outer part) and 62x66x90 (inner part)